Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Celebrate today.

Hello there. :)
I am back today to share another card I made to enter into the PTI anniversary contest.
For this one I used THIS beauty from Jess Witty as my inspiration.
Aren't those colors divine? I did not have the patience to make a piece of jewelry so went with a card inspired by the colors instead.
Here it is:
I started by die cutting the frame and using the negative as a mask. I inked the background with distress inks and stamped over it with a text background stamp fro Hero Arts. I stamped the flower and sentiment into the window before removing the mask. I stamped the flower several times onto plain white card stock and colored them in with copics. I then added some shimmer with a star dust gelly roll pen and covered it in a layer of glossy accents.  Once it was dry. I cut out the layers of the flower and assembled it with foam dots. I then adhered it to the card base over the stamped image.

Thanks for visiting:)
Tasha
 

8 comments:

  1. Tasha, what a gorgeous card! Love the soft shading with distress inks and script background! Your daffodil looks so beautiful - awesome coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your card is beautiful. You have so many great details--the masking for the background, the coloring, the Glossy Accents, the fussy cutting. It all worked perfectly for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Card Tasha. I love the the way the flower pops off the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Tasha! I love the text background and your inking of your negative die cut is so impressive! Gorgeous daffodil too, love the touch of Glossy Accents!!

    Thank you *so* for stopping by my blog and leaving some love!! It truly made my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful. Those glossy accents combined with the die cut frame, almost make it seem like a stained glass window. Very cool effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tasha! I'm your newest follower! I love your work and can't wait to visit your blog!
    We both used the Cabinet die on our latest card! Such a beautiful flower and beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your Stamping Royalty win! If this card is any indication, it's no wonder you won. :) Your cards are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...