Friday, August 31, 2012

Reward tickets

So, it's the last Friday before school starts, and I have to say I feel really sad. Sad that Summer is over, sad that I don't get to spend these lovely hot days with my Kiddo's, sad that time is just moving too fast.  I know for some parents, back to school is a celebration, and a relief, and I understand why some may feel that way. For me... it's a reminder that they are growing and all too soon this whole experience will be forever past.  Now, remember, I am someone who does NOT deal well with change, so perhaps that is why I feel this way. But honestly, I love being around my kids. I love hearing them talk to each other and I love hearing their thoughts and stories on day to day stuff.
Anyway, enough sentimental stuff and onto today's project.
This weeks challenge was "back to school". I decided to that instead of a card I would do a reward ticket book for my older son who is one of those kids who seem to sometimes need an extra push to get him to put more into his school work.  
Here's my what it looks like:
The outside


The inside


The back

I started with die cutting the gate fold card out of white card stock. I then cut the star print pattern paper and left a thin border. On the inside, I added a small strip to make a pocket and added a strip of the star print paper to that too.
Next I stamped the planets and galaxies stamp onto  Bella's best white card stock, and colored it in with copics, I also die cut a star out of white and colored that in with copics too. I then added a layer of glossy accents to the images and the star and set them aside to dry.
For the tickets, I carefully cut the center of one of my ticket stamps from the scraplines ticket stamps and stamped just the border onto grey cardstock. I asked my DH to fill them out since he has beautiful handwriting and I have foul scratch. :)  I popped the images onto the front with foam dots.  I used this Dr Seuss sentiment from Bye,bye girl , that I just LOVE!  So appropriate for back to school, I think :)

So the idea is, if he tries really hard and accomplishes his tasks, he gets to claim a ticket of his choice as a reward.

Have a great weekend :)Tasha

PS ( the 30 min past bed time one is redeemable ONLY on weekends, ha! LOL)

6 comments:

  1. I love this idea, Tasha! So cute! Bet your son loves it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha I had to laugh that you were smart enough to put a stipulation on the extra 30 minutes ticket. What a great idea this "card" is! I hope all your hard work pays off with some of his!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Tasha - love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea and so creatively done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fun reward tickets, Tasha! I love the colorful spaceship front and the envelope of tickets. Sorry I didn't comment earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how I missed this the first time on scrolling your blog - I love stars, space, tickets, rockets... this ticks all my boxes!! Thanks for your sweet comment left on my blog - really made me smile! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...