Friday, May 4, 2012

Twinchie fun

It's Friday, and that means it a bellaRIFIC Friday :)
This week the challenge was to create a card using this sketch:
It was a tough one for me, I had a few ideas and was not sure what direction to go in.  But I knew I wanted to use some twinchies I have had in my stash for a few years and never got around to playing with.  So I started playing and came up with this:
I absolutely love the way it turned out (surprising for me... I rarely 'love' my cards).  You can't see the full effect in this picture but in real life it looks like an old ceramic tile that has been attached to the card.  The richness of the colors are also not captured.  I am thinking I, A) need a new camera, and B) need some photography lessons. :)

Anyway, I made this by placing the four twinchie pieces together and then I stamped and heat embossed the fluffy flower head onto the four pieces with black zing powder. I colored the flower in with distress ink stains. I then created a mask for the flower and then sprayed the background with some tattered angles mists.  Next I distressed the edges and applied a thick layer of crackle accents to the tiles.  After it dried I applied some vintage photo distress ink to the surface and lightly misted it with water to allow the ink to bleed into the cracks.  I arranged and glued the tiles to a black piece of card stock and attached the corner accents.  I took an orange piece of card stock and embossed it with my Papertrey Ink linen/canvas impression plate.  I then took a terracotta shade of card stock and punched out two scallop borders. I attached those to the top and bottom and added some nail heads to the scallops.  I colored the nail heads with copics to match the brass color of the photo corners. Lastly, I heat embossed the sentiment with chocolate brown Zing powder.

Next weeks challenge is all about SEWING. It can be real or faux, your choice, just be sure to add some sort of stitching and e-mail your entries to Emily by Thursday to be entered into the draw to win some Bella BUX!

And that's it from me for today. I hope you all have a great weekend.
Tasha :))))

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh so pretty, this card is so bright and cheerful, you did an amazing job on this card Tasha :o) Have a great weekend !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word this is drop dead gorgeous!! I love the bold color and all the crackle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Tasha this is gorgeous. Love that you used the twinchies for this, I've had mine for a couple of years as well and haven't used them yet either. Maybe you have just inspired me to try them. Love the colours- very vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tashia this is STUNNING! Love the use of the twinchies for this and how bright you made the flower

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous Tasha. Simply incredible vibrancy of color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! And oh my gosh, those colors! It's a beauty Tasha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...