Friday, May 11, 2012

Stitching

Happy, happy Friday!  This weeks challenge was to use stitching on your card, and I must say, I love stitching on cards, but seemed to have an awful time trying to stitch on my cards.  I spent the better part of Tuesday trying to get my darn machine to work... I just about gave up when I figured I may as well break out the manual and see if I missed something. WELL!  I guess if I had bothered to read up on how to thread the bobbin properly, (or even just looked at the picture on the lid of the bobbin holder, ...shhh)  I would have saved myself a LOT of stress and thread.
Anyway, I did it, and I finished my card.
Here it is:
I used the flower garden stamp for this one, (I think it is my new favorite flower stamp).  I inked it up and stamped it on the side of the note card.  I colored it in and then, (you guessed it!) added glossy accents.  Next I stitched around the card, and added a sentiment.  I am thinking about entering Gallery Idol, and I am going to throw this card into the pool and see what happens. Wish me luck! :)
Till next time, happy stamping! 

Tasha :)

8 comments:

  1. Go for it, Tasha! It sure looks like a winner to me! Gorgeous card and your stitching looks fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this, Tasha!! The stitching is well worth all the trouble you went to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tasha this is lovely - I really like how the flowers are off to the side and the deep red colour

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you figured it all out, because this is one gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! What a beauty Tasha! So glad you got the sewing machine to work! Good to see you got the blink up! Good luck with Gallery Idol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh, how lovely is that?! Love the RED stitching and all sqiggly and those flowers are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Tasha. Love it. Hey!!! I am your new blog follower:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...